November 23, 2013

Week 47 Focus on Life - Centerpiece

It has been hit and miss for the Focus on Life weekly series that has been going on for 46 weeks.  I started late and had good intentions but this has been an unproductive year.  I feel like my iPhone when I realize there is very little battery life left and then it goes dead. 

My rotator cuff has torn again so I am facing surgery next week for my right shoulder.  I had surgery in 2006 for the same issue but here I go once again.  Very frustrating not to be able to do the beadwork I have grown to love.  It seems to be the one thing that centers me and brings calm and balance to my life.  For me it is meditative and time passes before I can realize how long I spent in this state.

10 comments:

LoriF said...

Beautiful bracelet, Katherine, as is all of your work. Good luck with your surgery! Hope you will soon be back and rarin' to go...

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Gorgeous bracelet...sorry about your shoulder...best of luck on your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Beautiful work Katherine - I love how you so easily blend colors and beads with this piece.

So sorry to hear about the surgery, and wish you a quick recovery!

Beti Horvath said...

Love your piece, form, color, design, just wonderful. hope you are back to creating soon!

Shel said...

Lovely bracelet indeed! Sorry to hear you have to go in for more surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can return to your beads!!

Honey from the Bee said...

How difficult it must be to not be able to do the thing that brings you so much joy and comfort. Hang in there. Sending healing vibes and best wishes for a successful outcome. Hugs.

Christine Altmiller said...

I will be sending warm and healing thoughts to you Katherine. Best wishes for a full recovery. And this bracelet is very very beautiful~the colors, the stone, the freeform are gorgeous!

Becky Pancake said...

Katherine I wish you a speedy recovery. Beautiful bracelet.

JDreams by Janet Carter said...

Katherine - I am thinking of you, and even though we have never met, we share the love of beads and creating, and that gives us a special kinship! I wish you a speedy recovery during this Holiday Season. Lots of positive energy coming your way...

Janet

Blogger said...

Did you know that that you can make cash by locking premium pages of your blog / website?
Simply open an account on CPALead and embed their Content Locking tool.