February 28, 2012

Off Crutches and Creating Again

Good news from my Doctor... I can start walking without crutches so I am trying not to over-do it.  After almost three weeks sitting on the couch and feeling sorry for myself this was a welcome change.


 During my recovery I spent a good amount of time following blogs and reading bead books.  I was most inspired by Beverly Ash Gilbert's book Beaded Colorways.  So inspired that I spent a couple days making bead soup out of 8/0 seed beads that I had stashed.  If you haven't made a bead soup, I highly recommend it.  Being a lover of color but always staying safe with my color choices this has helped me to not be afraid to put colors together in a more daring way.  It is exciting to see how a wide range of accent colors really make a beaded composition pop.



Vintage brass button clasp or handmade lampwork?  In this case they both work and that is why I love the versatility of beadwork.  I tried netting and once I caught on to the sequence I really love the look of the red bracelet.  For the green bracelet I used three drop peyote - it continues to be my go-to stitch.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can generate dollars by locking premium pages of your blog / site?
Simply join Mgcash and use their content locking tool.