October 31, 2012

Stop and Enjoy Those You are With

Beautiful Pacific Ocean at Nanaimo, BC
 Left BC in rain and comfortable temperatures but knew it would soon be colder weather and snow.  Not what we wanted but we are finally moving into our new place so I packed up all my beads and headed for Alberta once again.   

We were walking our dog on the beach and stopped to chat with this lovely couple.   Later, I couldn't resist taking their picture as they strolled hand in hand stopping to admire the beauty.  I love moments like this when we see how life can be enjoyed if only we stop and admire those we are with and what is in front of us.
A herd of Mountain Goats on the road 
  As we were driving along, we came upon these animals. They come down to get the salt from the side of the road. They weren't interested in sticking around so I had to get pictures of their butt sides.  They refused to stand nicely and pose!
Males pushing and shoving each other
Back to snow and colder temperatures

Some of the sights we have to endure on this trip.  It's hard but someone has to do it.

 It was snowing lightly so wasn't sure if my pictures would turn out.  Ended up having a nice effect and no, I didn't photoshop these!
 I think they have a different look to them - 
                    maybe even pastoral possibly?

Abraham Lake about 100 miles from our destination.
Sun was peaking through the clouds and I like how it               reflects off the water.  Always such varied conditions from one location to the other when we travel.  

So now I am busily moving into my home and trying to figure out which room(s) I can claim for beads and paints and all the beauty I love to surround myself with.  I have my eye on a couple so we will see....

I will be sure to let you know how that goes in my next blog post.  Until then, don't forget to stop once in a while and enjoy the things around you and those you are with!

8 comments:

Libellula Jewelry™ said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. It's a treat to vicariously enjoy that kind of weather and mountainous scenery.

Christine Altmiller said...

your drive was beautiful and you captured it so perfectly. i can feel the cold! how exciting to be in a new place and start again :-)

april grinaway said...

Wow ! Great pictures ~

kimmykats said...

I feel so sorry for you. It must be quite a hardship to sit and take in the wonder of Mother Nature....I can't wait to get to work and look at these on my big screen....oh my goodness what beauty. I am so envious! Take care!

windrock studio said...

Gorgeous images you've shared here, you even made animal butts look pretty! That is quite a place you call home.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

wow what a beautiful blogpost! Those photos are breathtaking! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog!

Eileen said...

Beautiful photos. So glad I found your blog - travel and beads - my two favorite things. Your photos make me want to see these places. Thanks so much.

LoriF said...

That is a beautiful drive; I know as I lived in Calgary for many years, about 10 years ago~and my kids live on Gabriola Island, which as you may know is just offshore from Nanaimo. What a funny coincidence!