May 04, 2013

Week 18 Focus on Life - Abstract

I'm not sure my pictures look abstract this week.  I traveled to British Columbia and finally found spring and blossoms and warmth.  What a different world out here.  So you will be seeing pictures from the  Canadian West Coast for a few weeks. Yay!

                                     Abstract- New Port Mann Bridge near  Vancouver, BC.  
This new cable-stayed bridge is 10 lanes wide and 2 km long.  You can see the old arch bridge just to the right.....
Abstract- Trees along the Shuswap Lake in British Columbia
these trees made a great silhouette against the sky

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  I very much enjoy all your comments each week.  Now head over to The Studio Sublime for more Abstract pictures.  Enjoy your weekend!

12 comments:

Meeling said...

The bridge shot is very interesting!

Tanya said...

The photo effects are outstanding. I love how the lines are stand out and the colors are so bold.

Claire said...

wonderful to see the before and after editing shots! love them all - such strong lines and compositions :)

AntiquityTravelers said...

A+ on getting your pictures to look abstract! they look like paintings! beautifully done!

Islandgirl said...

The edited trees remind me of those paint by number kits they used to sell in the 60's (Don't think they sell them anymore do they?) I think most of us found this week to be a challenge.. interesting to see how different people interpreted the prompt!

Alice said...

Great photos. I love the lines in the first photos.

Beti Horvath said...

Love the bridge shots....I think I have a thing for bridges......

Becky Pancake said...

You did an outstanding job with your photo effects. The trees do look great silhouetted against the sky.

Unknown said...

Super job on the interpretation, but that brige is stunning all by itself!

Annette said...

The before photos are great abstracts to begin with but I love the edited versions too. What an amazing bridge!

CraftyHope said...

I think your images are a little spooky, but definitely cool. I really love the lines in them. Excellent job!

Adrienne said...

I think they look great!!